ASC Black Tiger Prawns
Black tiger prawns available in several different varieties and quantities.
₩35,900 – ₩63,700 / kg
- Product Details
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Shrimp and prawn are important types of seafood that are consumed worldwide. In biological terms, shrimp and prawns belong to different suborders of Decapoda, however they are very similar in appearance and in commercial farming and fisheries, the terms are often used interchangeably. However, recent aquaculture literature increasingly uses the term “prawn” only for the freshwater forms of palaemonids and “shrimp” for the marine penaeids.
What is ASC?
ASC, or Aquaculture Stewardship Council, is the world’s leading certification and labelling programme for responsibly farmed seafood.
Compliance with ASC’s farm standards show that aquaculture can be an increasingly sustainable, socially-responsible and environmentally well-managed industry and includes these features:
- Legal compliance (obeying the law, the legal right to operate)
- Preservation of the natural environment and biodiversity
- Preservation of water resources
- Preservation of diversity of species and wild populations (e.g., preventing escapes which could pose a threat to wild fish)
- Responsible use of animal feed and other resources
- Animal health (no unnecessary use of antibiotics and chemicals)
- Social responsibility (e.g. no child labour, health and safety of workers, freedom of assembly, community relations)
13/15 HOSO, 21/25 HLSO, 21/25 PDTO, 4/6 HOSO, 8/12 HOSO
|Country of Origin|